Module 4 Day 1: Social Media Strategies
Understanding Social Media Channels
* Facebook: Over 1 Billion active daily users worldwide, mostly adults, all over age 13, like a live talk show. Text, pictures, videos, links, etc.
* Instagram: Best for pictures, short videos (30 seconds or less). Like a reality show, really good for behind-the-scenes and direct audience engagement.
* YouTube: Like a sitcom. People go there to watch shows, be entertained, informed, etc.
* Blogs: Today’s magazines. Online places where people go to read about topics of interest to them.
* Pinterest: Today’s magazine rack.
Throughout this module I’m going to teach you how to set up various social media accounts for yourself and your clients. Each day we’ll focus on a separate platform. When you’re done with this module, you should have all your social media accounts created for your business.
This skill is a great stand-alone service or add-on to website building services. I always include creating and/or optimizing FB accounts in my website packages. Adds value and gives you an edge over competitors. And now that you know how to use social media to boost SEO, your clients’ sites will perform better, too!
TIP: If you need money fast, post a message on your personal Facebook page offering to set up social media pages or accounts for anyone who needs it done for a business. Charge $50-100 per platform and then do it for them as you go through these videos again.
Don’t get sucked in to managing (on-going posting & handling comments, etc) your clients’ social media accounts unless you are charging them enough to be worth your time. This can be a massive time-suck, so be careful with this unless you find that you just really love managing social media accounts.
If you find that you’re really good at managing social media… great! Hire someone else to do the websites, SEO or other aspects of the business. Or outsource that completely. Social media management is very time-consuming!
Also, it’s hard to manage the day-to-day of social media for a business you’re not physically involved with every single day. I’ve found that offering to train the in-house staff on how to manage their social media has worked out better for me and the client.
Download Module 4 Day 1 Lesson PDF
Download Module 4 Day 1 Social Media Templates