Module 4 Bonus: Creating Your LinkedIn Profile
Setting Up Your LinkedIn Profile
1. Go to https://www.linkedin.com
2. Fill out the sign up form and click “Join Now”
3. LinkedIn will walk you through the steps of setting up your profile
4. Don’t add anything that isn’t pertinent to the business you are creating
5. This is like a resume, but doesn’t have to follow the traditional rules of a resume (you don’t have to put everything on there!)
6. If your education isn’t impressive, don’t list the dates, degrees, etc. Just the school, or nothing at all.
7. The main things you want to focus on are your geographic area, your skills, your business name and your website.
8. Add a professional picture
9. Connect with people you know—everyone you know who you can find. This is one way of announcing your new business. People are much more likely to do business with someone they know—or that knows someone they know—than a stranger.
10. Click on “WORK” dropdown in upper right hand and scroll down to “Create a Company Page”.
11. Create your company page for your website / SEO agency.
12. Look around at other profiles to see what you like/don’t like and tweak yours to your preferences.
13. LinkedIn is a professional networking site. Keep it professional.
14. Add your contact info.
15. Follow the same process to set up profiles and/or company pages for clients.
Download Module 4 Bonus Lesson PDF